Monday, March 30, 2015

Genre: Romantic Dramedy

Since I had to alter the concept for my film opening I also had to switch genres. My film would now be considered a romantic comedy, but I also wanted to incorporate drama into the film (if I was making this a full feature film). I decided to do some research just so while I'm editing I can make sure to capture those rom/com moments that audiences love.

Romantic Comedy Definition:
Romantic comedy tries to combine love and humor in an attempt to capture the audience's interest.
http://www.slideshare.net/RianneWright96/genre-exploration-task-2

Being exposed to romantic comedies all my life it isn't hard to use the ideas and concepts that most films within this genre use. However, I feel like many critics often overlook romantic comedies, and deem them a "guilty pleasure." Although at this point I have a lot of my footage, I want to make sure the way I edit and film the rest of my footage has a unique tone to it that will capture the audiences interest. I definitely tried to capture my audiences interests by creating an intriguing main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment