Thursday, April 2, 2015

Editing

I started the editing process, and it was very frustrating. I downloaded the free trial of Adobe Premiere and tried to start editing on that, but then it took me an hour to get 5 seconds of my film opening done so I decided against figuring out Premiere. I started using iMovie HD, and it was working fine. I still had to figure out some of the features and settings, while I was editing but it was much easier and my video still turned out fairly well. However, halfway through editing iMovie froze, and I attempted for an hour to try and get the program working again. I gave up and had to start all over again on a different computer, which was very frustrating. I ended up missing some key things, and I was disappointed with how the sound during the dialogue turned out. Working with the sound was hard because I didn't have a microphone, so my audio came straight from the camera. I tried to reduce background noise, but it just made the audio sound worse. I ended up leaving it, and only using shots where you could clearly hear the dialogue. The music was my favorite part to edit. After recording my actress singing I was able to overlap the song over her singing, and I had to match up the words with her lips which I actually enjoyed doing. Overall I learned a lot from my editing experience, and now I know what to do for my full short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment