Monday, March 23, 2015

Filming

So I filmed this Saturday, and although I still need one more day of filming the first day went pretty well. I guess I won't know for sure how much more footage I need until I start editing. I shot in Town Center in Weston, and I created the sign that I'm going to use as part of the title sequence using a cardboard box and paint. The camera was my own, Canon, and I borrowed the tripod from a friend. However, I didn't have the appropriate attachment to use the tripod so I had to use ponytail holders to keep the camera on the tripod. I was having issues with my supporting actress, Elise Garcia. She is a very talented singer and she portrays character very well when she sings, but she doesn't have any experience acting for film. So this really tested my directing skills. The best technique I found that helped her get across the character was for myself to act it out first to show her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment