Friday, March 13, 2015

Casting

I'm very involved with the Drama department at my school, so I know a lot of very talented people. Through the course of the years, I've been involved in numerous Cypress Bay productions this includes, musicals, plays, one acts, and various other performances. I've seen these actors grow throughout the year and I feel like I know what their abilities as performers are. When I began thinking of a concept for my short film I knew that there wouldn't be many casting options in terms of professional actors. I knew I would be working with friends that I knew, so with that in mind I created a film concept with characters I knew some of my friends in drama could execute. Even while writing the script I was beginning to get ideas of people I knew that would play the roles really well. I asked a few people who I thought would be perfect for the roles to see what their schedules and availability was like. I settled on two actors who I know will do a great job: Gillian Rabin and Michael Valladares.

No comments:

Post a Comment