Saturday, March 21, 2015

Problems Arising

My actor's parents surprised him with a vacation to the Bahamas the first weekend of spring break, and I was away at a drama competition (along with my actors) for the rest of spring break. I had to think on my feet quickly to figure things out. So what I decided would be the easiest thing to do was to separate my film opening from my short film. To make things easier on myself I'm going to keep the same main character and just change the story line for the opening. The theoretical feature film would be about a girl named May who dropped out of high school to start saving money to move to New York so she can start working on her music career. Throughout the film she would have a lot of issues with her mother, but she would meet a boy named Artie who wants to help her achieve her dream. This film would be a romantic dramedy, so to speak. 

May Simon(Gillian Rabin) : May is a 16 year old girl in high school. She lives in a crappy apartment with her mother. Her dad left when she was 6 years old. She does well in school without even trying, but thinks people are better off learning from life and experience. She is very in touch with herself and has amazing confidence in herself. She loves making music and spends her time performing anywhere and everywhere. She does not care what anyone thinks of her, and enjoys talking to anybody. She may seem naive but she is an intelligent girl.
This main character will be the same in my short film.
Artie Daniels: Artie is a 16 year old high schooler. He has a couple friends and likes to spend his time hanging out with his friends. He has a fairly normal life both his parents work at average jobs. He is really intelligent, and because of that can be seen as sort of a geeky. However, he has really good social skills and can be very charming.
Ally Collins(Elise Garcia): Ally is May's 16 year old best friend. She is very uptight and goal-oriented. She wants what is best for May, but is stuck in her ways and does not approve of May's life plan. Her and Artie don't get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment