Sunday, March 15, 2015

Music

Since one of my main characters is musically gifted, and music is a part of her identity I want to show her singing. Because we are not allowed to use copyrighted music without permission I thought it would be easier if I wrote an original song to use in my film. I've been writing song lyrics ever since I was little, so I know how the process works. I grew up playing the piano, and have dabbled with the guitar in more recent years. But since my character is street performing I thought the guitar would be an easier outlet to use. I have many musically talented friends that play the guitar, so that way if I need help putting chords together I have people that can guide me. I worked on a previous blog for this class that centered around music in film and film scores: http://themusictomyeyes.blogspot.com/. Because of this I have a lot of research already on how music affects the audience, and what makes a good song for film. Using this I want to write a song that has to do with what my film is about. I'm not aiming for a Grammy award winning song, but I'm going to settle for something that's catchy and pertains to my film. While working on this film I'm trying to make sure that in my planning stage I am incorporating every aspect of film into my work, which is why I'm not forgetting about music and sound. My film is a simple piece so I don't need crazy sound effects, however music will be a big part of my film. I want to make sure the song I write incorporates the feelings of both my characters, so that it helps my audience to become invested in story.

No comments:

Post a Comment